Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, July 6, 1994

Yesterday I lost my heart, a poem by Reginold Ajay Jacob, India


Yesterday I lost my heart
a poem by Reginold Ajay Jacob, India

Yesterday I lost my heart,
Today never dawns on me,
Years have passed since that yesterday
Today I can't even see.

Shattered two pieces beyond repair,
I am gathering myself since an age,
Alas, this shattered self,
I surely cannot face.

Don't tread on this land I Pray thee,
See here all fragments lies,
Your steps shall crush them further
One step more and I shall die.

Pass by, pass by, I pray thee,
Don't waste your time I say,
Marble hides filth below it,
Pass by, pass by, pass by, I pray

No comments:

Justice is the cry of the earth, a poem by R. A. Jacob

Every man has a dark side, Hidden in the dark, How dark must be the darkness, Of the people  who appear to be dark. Wash yourself of all mal...