Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Sometimes words fall short a poem by R.A. Jacob

Sometimes words fall short,

Sometimes words just fail,

When words lose their potency,

I turned to the one who never fails.


Words have  power indeed,

I wish to express it in one go,

Word will then accuse me,  

Every word has the power you know.


I can't, pour out my heart,

I can't, trust even a page,

I can't give a vent,

I Can't, I can't, even if it is a page.


Do not carry the burden of eternity,

Your shoulders will fail I am sure,

Weep in front of My Saviour,

He understands our heart’s core.


Weep, weep and weep again,

Weep, weep and weep out loud,

He will hear your whisper, 

He will hear you even if you are loud. 


I will keep you in a veil of secrecy, 

No, they will never find out,

They will read, yet veil, 

Yet the veil shall forever abound. 


Come with me, my child, 

Come to the Father's house, 

Hold His hands of comfort,

I tell you He will not flout.


In the shade of the wood, 

The wood of that blessed cross, 

Millions have found relief, 

In the shade of the cross.


He closes a door, 

We feel the depth of pain,

Yet it was closed for our good,

Lest our future is stained.


Trust your father for sure,

Trust He Will not fail, 

He can lift up the valleys,

He can make mountains plain.


Wait oh bleeding soul waits,

Wait on the promises of the Lord,

Pour out thy supplications,

At the footstool of the lord. 


Your father is the maker of heaven and earth,

Your father is a mighty man,

Pour out your supplications,

I am sure He will stretch out his hand.


Do not carry the burden of eternity,

Just hold  his mighty hand,

Weep, weep and weep again,

I tell you He will hold your hand.


He can rewrite your future,

But you just have to leave it in his hands, 

Why should I force my will,

For I know he has a better plan.


No advice to give, 

Yet  a request to make,

When burdens are  too heavy, 

Just leave it at his stake.


Note:-In this poem you will find that the poet discounts the value of words. 

In the second stanza, you will find the poet speaks exactly the opposite of what he expresses in the first stanza. 

The poet is not able to express his thoughts to a page hence is trying to cover everything in a veil, later you will find the poet turns to God and asks his loved one to also turn to the Lord, for the poet knows only God can really help.

No comments:

Class X Political Science Chapter 1: Power Sharing

 Class X Political Science Chapter 1: Power Sharing 1. What’s wrong if the majority community rules? If Sinhalas don’t rule in Sri Lanka, wh...