Powered By Blogger

Thursday, March 31, 2022

Another idol broke

Phoney

a poem by R.A. Jacob

Another idol broke,

Another ideal died,

I thought it was solid,

Until I had tried


Why did I Try,

I should have known it for sure,

Phoney is the trend of the age,

Gold is always just a trace.


In this world, beauty is skin deep,

Heavyweights are featherweights,

So-called light don’t even have a trace,

Yet all of us have a face.


We face each other,

We look for worth,

Yet we find it rarely,

For it’s in dearth.


You look at me, 

I look at you,

You see yourself,

I see myself


We hide our feelings,

We hide all trash,

If ever it is opened,

We are all bound to crash.


In life many a time it so happens that people whom we adore fall short and fall from their position in our hearts and it hurts us beyond our expectations. 


No comments:

Class X Political Science Chapter 1: Power Sharing

 Class X Political Science Chapter 1: Power Sharing 1. What’s wrong if the majority community rules? If Sinhalas don’t rule in Sri Lanka, wh...