Powered By Blogger

Friday, May 7, 1993

Thy parting shadow looms so large, a poem by Reginold Ajay Jacob, India

The parting shadow looms so large

a poem by Reginold Ajay Jacob, India

The parting shadow looms so large,
No light on it can prevail,
Ye shutter my sentiments in pieces,
Ye have declined all my domain. 

I brought choice flowers to adore thee, 
You chose to crush the same,
I employed all my talent to adore thee,
Yet ye considered it's fruit to be a shame.

I lament the fact I adored thee,
I lament for I gave you my heart, 
Sweet were thy  smiles deception,
Hard thy heart sweetheart.

A sweet poison, sweet venom,
 Ye paralyzed all my life,
Ye ate away all my happiness,
Penalizing me for life.

Maybe for you, it was a frolic,
A fact to boast of another prey, 
Yet the wounded lies wounded forever,
Wounded even to this day.

No comments:

Class X Political Science Chapter 1: Power Sharing

 Class X Political Science Chapter 1: Power Sharing 1. What’s wrong if the majority community rules? If Sinhalas don’t rule in Sri Lanka, wh...