Powered By Blogger

Thursday, July 16, 2020

My Throat Was Too Easy To Cut, a poem by Reginold Ajay Jacob, India

My Throat Was Too Easy To Cut

 a poem by Reginold Ajay Jacob, India


My throat was too easy to cut,
So they severed it in one go,
In a fraction of second,
My head its shoulders contd know.

Like a mercy less butcher,
They have cut me apart,
Cutting not just my throat,
Crushing even my heart.

My friend, loved ones, my faithful,
My dear ones, alike,
Have threshed in their swords to rob me of my life,
Brutus, Brutus, just Brutus I find.

They have forgotten,
They are once more, clean,
Not a drop of my blood,
Is on their forehead seen.

Maybe my blood is water,
Maybe it leaves no stains,
How blessed I will find myself,
If they knew it still doth pains.

Note:-
This poem was written by me when I lost my first job.
The poem has an immensity of pain and a lot of emotions that come out of a bleeding soul.
I think you will understand it better as you read these lines.

No comments:

Class X Political Science Chapter 1: Power Sharing

 Class X Political Science Chapter 1: Power Sharing 1. What’s wrong if the majority community rules? If Sinhalas don’t rule in Sri Lanka, wh...