Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, January 25, 1994

My hands are tied, a poem by Reginold Ajay Jacob, India


My hands are tied

a poem by Reginold Ajay Jacob, India


My hands are tied,
Play the violin on my throat,
I am tied for sacrifice,
As if I am a goat.

Play all melodies,
Play them on my throat,
I am tired due to economics,
I am a helpless goat.

One more prey in the web,
Suck my blood as you like,
I have no power to resist,
Suck me as you like.

Hurt me with strokes of language,
Beat me with discouragement hundred times,
No power in me to resist,
Slice me as you like.

Let me learn from defeat
Let me learn as Man despise,
Even though they consider me worthless,
Yet for me, he paid the price.

Most worthless of humans,
Yes loved by my Lord,
It is sufficient,
In thee, I have all.

Note this poem talks about a situation in which the poet is rejected by all yet he finds his solace in the Lord. This poem was written on the 25th of January 1994

No comments:

Class X Political Science Chapter 1: Power Sharing

 Class X Political Science Chapter 1: Power Sharing 1. What’s wrong if the majority community rules? If Sinhalas don’t rule in Sri Lanka, wh...