Powered By Blogger

Monday, December 7, 1992

I have found a mote, a poem by Reginold Ajay Jacob, India


I have found a mote

I have found a mote in my brothers' eyes,
So I planned to take out,
Yet before I could execute the plan,
A bark in my eyes was found.

How hypocritical are our efforts,
To point out theirs wrong,
For I too have carried
My bark since long.

Do I have the right,
To tell you are wrong,
When I too have carried,
My bark since long.

I point at you with two fingers,
Three fingers point at me,
I am wrong to call you heartless,
For, in fact, that is me.

Oh God, I pray for forgiveness,
Oh God for repentance I plead,
In place of judging others,
A thorough cleansing I need.

Thy blood can cleanse even crimson,
Let it cleans my manifold sins,
Thy crimson red is sufficient,
For all the human sins.

Note- thy crimson red means
blood of Jesus spoke that cleanses us.
1992

No comments:

Class X Political Science Chapter 1: Power Sharing

 Class X Political Science Chapter 1: Power Sharing 1. What’s wrong if the majority community rules? If Sinhalas don’t rule in Sri Lanka, wh...