Powered By Blogger

Thursday, December 10, 1992

I am holding the end of a rope, a poem by Reginold Ajay Jacob, India


I am holding the end of a rope,
It has a loop on the other end,
I wish to execute the guilty,
But there’s none on the looped end.

He says to forgive and be forgiven,
Yet I have grudges to hold,
In order to take my vengeance,
My heart has turned out to be cold.

I am feeding the fire of vengeance,
With a lot of blood, that is my life,
And I cannot see anyone executed,
For most of the time, it is I.

I wrote this poem as I found it difficult to forgive the people who did not give all the honour and respect. They should have given my father which he rightly deserved. He died of cancer, and I saw his friend’s forsaking him in his hour of need. This lingered as pain for years together.

10/August/1992

1 comment:

Jacob sir said...

Matthew 6:12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. Matthew 6:14 For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: Matthew 6:15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Class X Political Science Chapter 1: Power Sharing

 Class X Political Science Chapter 1: Power Sharing 1. What’s wrong if the majority community rules? If Sinhalas don’t rule in Sri Lanka, wh...