Powered By Blogger

Friday, July 10, 2020

Answer me, a poem by Reginold Ajay Jacob, India

What is your answer?
When justice is denied,
When those who wait on thee,
Are day in and day out tried

I waited on thee,
Looked down from the sky,
If the earth is your footstool,
Then why am I tried?

She says it’s not a charity home,
What more do I need to hear,
Superfluous in words,
Do you know how words can tear?

Look inside me you will not find a heart,
Just a clot of blood you will find,
This clot binds all my frustrations and dreams,
Which you won’t ever find,

He made you at leisure
He made me in haste,
So you are honoured,
I am just a waste.

The garbage bin serves a purpose,
Even garbage is reused,
How can then it be,
That I am refused,

Heavens look down, repent ye sky,
Look down ye, who lives on high,
Let your tears keep dripping,
As thy servant, is tied.

May my pain cause you to bleed?
May thy wounds keep flowing again?
Only thy blood can relieve,
I have had enough pain.


I wrote this poem when I was refused a job, today I can look back and thank My God for all his protection.

No comments:

Justice is the cry of the earth, a poem by R. A. Jacob

Every man has a dark side, Hidden in the dark, How dark must be the darkness, Of the people  who appear to be dark. Wash yourself of all mal...