Powered By Blogger

Monday, September 21, 2020

He my soul relives


 He my soul relives

a poem by R.A. Jacob

 

How many swords have been,

Thrust in my heart,

I cannot express,

Oh my heart.

 

Yet I know It does pain,

Each wound leaves its stains,

And I cover it mark,

As one covers shame.

 

They are the men of words,

Men of empty words,

Who speak of sureties,

Which are always undone.

 

Where should I begin,

Where should I end,

Oh my dear I simply,

Can't ever understand.

 

From the day I stood on my feet,

They have robbed me every time,

Wearing different vesture,

Yet hurting every time.

 

I would have perished,

By their continuous repeat,

But defeat I don't concede,

For He my soul relieves.

 

In Him I my succor receive,

In Him I find my relief,

What humans cannot comprehend,

That peace in Him I receive

 

R.A. Jacob

No comments:

Class X Political Science Chapter 1: Power Sharing

 Class X Political Science Chapter 1: Power Sharing 1. What’s wrong if the majority community rules? If Sinhalas don’t rule in Sri Lanka, wh...